Dr. Letitia S. Wright, D.C.
Women have a love/hate relationship with money. Most of us do not enjoy dealing with it, yet we know not having finances under control will cause our entire family to suffer.
A recent guest on the show Karen Franks, explained how important your credit is and how you should check on it often. At least twice a year, says Karen Franks. Checking our credit is one important proactive way we can make sure we are in good financial shape. She also mentioned that many married women have better credit score than their husbands, even if they do not make as much. When another show guest, Dan Contreras talked about financial planning, he stressed using a professional. Dont rely on hearsay, get some real understanding about your situation. And Linda Hollander the author or Bags to Riches says Mentors are the fast track to success. Find someone who has reached the same financial goals you want to reach and then do what they did. This simple technique works even if your goals are modest. While everyones situation is different, I really just want to motivate you to do something to have a positive effect on your finances. Here are a few simple things you can do that will start the ball rolling.
1. Get a copy of your credit report and check it for errors( free if you have been turned down for credit)
2. Look at your savings plan, are you on track, do you need to increase or decrease the amounts you are trying to save?
3. Look for your insurance policies, be able to get them immediately, know exactly where they are.
4. Start some financial education with your children. Start a student saving account.
5. Start planning next years financial goals. What do you want to change, what goals do you want to accomplish, what new accounts do you need to open and which accounts should be closed.
If you handle your finances youll be in The Wright Place!
Dr. Letitia S. Wright, D.C. is the host of The Wright Place TV Show, a talk show for women, which can been seen on dish or direct TV channel KHIZ on Sundays at 6:30 PM, or seen on the Internet at www.wrightplacetv.com or cable television channels in your area. She can be reached at [email protected] or 909-635-2040 for questions, comments or interviews.