Online Credit Card Precautions
by Joseph Kenny
With the economies and companies going global, there is an enormous rise in the number of the virtual stores. More and more people are beginning to shop online rather than going to the market and wasting hours. Now the product of your choice is just a click away. You can compare similar products offered in different market deals. Most of the payments for these online transactions are made through credit cards. This has raised an important question. Is online credit card usage completely safe? However, there are many experts who feel and find using the credit card online safer as compared to its usage at the places like petrol pump or restaurants.
The reason given for this is that the bank or the credit card company, which makes it more authentic, only views the transactions made. But many discourage this theme by saying; it is very difficult to trust the retailer as he might use those details. Internet shopping is the boon in disguise for many but it is accompanied with the threat of credit card theft too.
Few steps should be taken into consideration while shopping on internet and they are:
– First and foremost step is to check the authentication of the shopping site. The vendor with whom you are dealing should be reliable enough and using the secured browser.
– Check the details of the vendor prior to any transactions in order to avoid any forgery.
– Shop on those sites that place a security icon when youre making any payments and transactions.
– Shop on those website which are approved by the third-party and carry the seal of authentication.
– Before revealing your card details do call up the vendor in order to check their authenticity.
– Use your personal computer for the shopping and make sure it is updated with latest anti-virus software and firewall. Avoid using the computers at the cafes for shopping purpose.
– Keep your credit cards account number and PIN a secret, as genuine vendors will never ask for them unless it is essential for transactions.
– After buying any product online do check your card statement in order to cross check the actual amount to be paid. It is advisable to keep the printout of the dealings you made.
– If you have any doubt on the companys authentication prefer some other methods of payment.
Despite many odds associated with internet shopping with your credit card, it is gaining popularity and is becoming a frequently used option.
Joseph Kenny is the webmaster of the credit card comparison sites http://www.credit-cards-info.com/ and also http://www.creditcards121.com/
Online Credit Card